Toledo, Ohio — December 23, 2021: The Mercy Health Glass City Marathon (GCM) announces the 21 charity organizations that will be a part of the April 25, 2022 event. Since 2009, GCM has raised over $906,000 for local charities. The charities for 2022 are (listed alphabetically):
- Alliance for Paired Kidney Donation
- Avenues for Autism
- Bittersweet Farms
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Toledo
- Children’s Theatre Workshop
- Courageous Community Services
- Family and Child Abuse Prevention Center
- Girls on the Run of Northwest Ohio
- Keep Toledo/Lucas County Beautiful
- Luken T. Boyle Campaign for Kindness
- Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Mercy Health Foundation Greater Toledo
- Mobile Meals
- Nightingales Harvest
- Northwest Ohio CASA
- Partners for Clean Streams
- Racing for Recovery
- Susan G. Komen Northwest Ohio
- Sylvania STEM
- United Way of Greater Toledo
The Mercy Health Glass City Marathon has provided the platform to help this year’s partner organizations raise awareness for their mission, community projects and ongoing services. Through this relationship, members and volunteers associated with each organization will also be assisting race-week operations for the event.
For more information, visit www.glasscitymarathon.org.
The Mercy Health Glass City Marathon is the Toledo Roadrunners Club’s (TRRC) premier springtime event, first run in 1971. TRRC is a nonprofit club, founded in 1976, and open to anyone with an interest in jogging and/or running, regardless of gender, race, religion, age or ability. Whether you are a fitness jogger, fun runner, competitive runner, or a combination of all three, you are invited to join TRRC.