PLAN YOUR SPECTATING & BRING PLENTY OF COW BELL
Please note that our evolving safety plan will outline requirements for spectators, and may supersede the recommendations below. Please be sure to review our safety plan in-full before attending on race weekend.
Without spectators cheering the runners/walkers on, a four/five/six hour marathon would seem even longer. But a long time may pass before you see the runners/walkers you know. We’ll give you some ideas for where to watch, and how you can make it fun for everyone while you’re out there supporting the Mercy Health Glass City Marathon participants.
- Download the GCM App to Track Runners & Send Cheers (link available soon)
- Get to Your Destination Early — Know What Streets Are Closed
- Stop by the Toledo Roadrunner’s booth at the Expo to design a catchy poster. (Here are some ideas.)
- Bring a Cowbell, Horn, or Just Your Cheering Voice
- Reach Out for High Fives
- Plan to be at different locations. — View Course Maps
- Be Loud at the Finish Line — Cheer for Everyone While Waiting for Your Runner
- Visit the Expo & Kids Run on Saturday — They’re Free & Open to the Public
- Take Lots of Photos & Video
- Share Your Photos & Video on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram — Tag Your Runners & Glass City Marathon in Posts
- Check In on Facebook & Twitter at the Expo & on Race Day — Include the Hashtag #RunToledo
- Post Photos of Your Sign on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram — You May Get Featured By Doing So
Recommended Viewing & Cheering Locations
All locations reference the marathon, relay and half marathon, unless noted)
- Stadium Dr., University of Toledo (Saturday start line)
- Secor Rd. at W Towerview (Sunday start line)
- Rally Row, University of Toledo lot #5 (mile 26 between Glass Bowl Stadium and Savage Arena)
- University of Toledo, Stadium Dr. (just outside Glass Bowl Stadium)
- Glass Bowl Stadium Finish Line (Saturday and Sunday)
- Parkside between Door and Bancroft
- Bancroft St. between N Towerview/University Hills and Secor Rd.
- Bancroft St., in front of the University of Toledo (Relay exchange point #1)
- Ottawa Hills High School
- University of Toledo E Rocket Dr. (Saturday 5k)
- Neighborhoods of Ottawa Hills
- St. Ursula High School and Indian Rd.
- Central Ave. at Wildwood Metropark Entrance
- Wildwood Metropark (Manor House, Stables, UParks Trailhead)
- Bancroft St. from University Parks Trail to Orchard Rd.
- University Parks Trail, King Rd. to University of Toledo
- Corner of King Rd. and Sylvania or Brint Rd.
- Sylvania Southview High School, Cougar Lane
- Corner of Sylvania Ave. and McCord Rd.
- Corner of Sylvania Ave. and Holland-Sylvania.
- Corner of Sylvania Ave. and Corey Rd.
- Corner of Corey Rd. and Springbrook Dr.
- University Parks Trail from Wildwood, east to UT Campus, or west to King Rd.
- University of Toledo Recreation Center Parking Lot
- Savage Arena Parking Lot
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for lots of updates.